For the most part, I edit my patterns myself. But sometimes, it's nice to have an outsider's point of view and their red pen. So, I'm starting an exclusive group of about 10 crocheters to test my patterns before they're released.
This is what I expect from my future testers. If you feel you can't fulfill these, please really consider whether or not you want to apply.
- Attention to detail including: typos, errors in the pattern, incorrect st counts, spelling mistakes.
- Be unafraid to point out my mistakes - I need to know so I can make the pattern better, and I need you to be vocal about it.
- Quality photos of finished items - I will share them (with credit given to you) on my Facebook page. And they should be linked to my pattern on Ravelry and/or Craftsy. They don't have to be professional, but they do need to be in focus, and displayed prominently.
- Punctuality - this is HUGE! I will always give plenty of notice and time to complete a test item. If you say you can do it, do it.
- Confidentiality - another enormous one. I will be giving you the pattern (and revised pattern) for free, before they are available to the public. To avoid copycat designs, you will not be allowed to post your pictures until I release the pattern. Also all comments and posts within the group will remain 100% confidential.
I will give more detailed information to my testers as they are chosen.
PLAY HARD ~ PLAY HOOKY