Wednesday, April 16th, is my Bryn's 7th birthday. But it will be the second time we've had to celebrate without her. Last year, with LOTS of help, we put a flower garden on the fence of the Kindergarten she was supposed to go to.
It took me a lot longer to decide how to celebrate this year. I could never find the perfect project, and well honestly, I just ran out of energy to organize something huge. But with your help, we can still do something pretty cool.
I love you more than candy... that's what she said when I tucked her in at night. So this year, we're going to spread love and happiness through candy, and Bryn would have LOVED it!
I scoured Ravelry and found two free candy crochet patterns on Ravelry that remind me of Bryn.
Here's what you do:
- Pinwheel Candy Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pinwheel-candy
- Lollipop Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lollipop-brooch
- Make up as many or few as candies as you want.
- The brighter the colors the better!
- Write a note, or leave them bare.
- Put them out as a yarn bomb... leave them in random candy dishes... hand them out to strangers... as long as it will make someone smile.
- Get a picture of the candies in action.
- On Wednesday, post your pictures to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the hashtag #brynscandy.
Thank you for your help! I can't put into words how much it means to me that you're willing to help me celebrate my amazing daughter and keep her memory alive.
play hard ~ play hooky
Update: I did it! I actually finished making all the candies I had hoped to for her birthday tomorrow. If you want to leave a note with your #brynscandy tomorrow and aren't sure what to say, here's something I just wrote...
For Bryn, a girl who loved life, lived big, and shared smiles. Here's a handmade candy to celebrate and spread love on her birthday. She isn't here so we'll do it for her. I love you more than candy.